Having an abortion is one of the toughest experiences a woman can go through in her life. The choice to have an abortion can lead to several different unexpected thoughts and feelings.
If you find yourself in such a situation, Downtown Pregnancy Center can help. We can provide you with completely confidential support, information, and resources to address those thoughts and feelings, and help guide you as you work through them. Below, we’ve included a brief checklist addressing some common post-abortion thoughts; should you find yourself answering yes to any of these questions, we encourage you to reach out to us.
- Have you struggled to stop thinking about your abortion?
- When abortion comes up in conversation, do you quickly change the subject?
- Is it difficult to forgive yourself?
- Do you avoid being around pregnant women or attending baby showers?
- Do physical reminders of your abortion make you uncomfortable?
- Does being around children make you feel uneasy?
- Do certain times of the year (the anniversary of your procedure, for example) upset you?
- Do you find yourself engaging in self-destructive behavior more often since your abortion?
- Have you felt more depressed since the procedure?
- Are you interested in a program that helps women cope with troubling post-abortion thoughts?