Before reaching a final decision regarding your pregnancy, it is important for you to weigh all of your options. While an unplanned pregnancy can raise a lot of questions, there are seldom simple answers. With that being said, it is important to know that your right to choose what is best for you is respected. Downtown Pregnancy Center is here to help you through that decision-making process so that you can make the right choice for yourself.
As a serious medical procedure, it is important to do your research about abortion before pursuing one. Before you contact an abortion clinic, it is recommended that you ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I eligible for an abortion?
- What types of abortions are available to me?
- Are there any short-term or long-term risks?
If you are considering an abortion, it is important to speak to someone regarding your decision. The staff at Downtown Pregnancy Center is available to answer any questions you may have. Because we do not charge for our services, we do not profit from your decision. Give yourself the opportunity to gather information so you can make an informed decision.
It is possible to be a part of your child’s life, even after choosing adoption for him or her. Regardless of why you are considering adoption, it is important to remember that it can provide your child with a loving, caring home. You may be considering adoption for any of the following reasons:
- You aren’t ready to be a parent, but don’t want an abortion.
- Your child’s father is not supportive, and you want the child to have a two-family environment.
- You feel unable to provide the type of financial or emotional stability you believe the child deserves.
Downtown Pregnancy Center can provide you with the information and resources you’ll need to make your decision regarding adoption in a pressure free environment.
The decision to have and raise a child is a big one, even if you planned to become pregnant. You may be unsure about parenting because:
- Your parents/family are not supportive
- School and/or work are your main priority
- You do not have enough financial stability
- You don’t feel old enough to be a responsible parent
These are just a few reasons you may feel unprepared to be a parent. If you have additional questions, the staff at Downtown Pregnancy is here to help. Please schedule an appointment today to learn more about the support, education and help available if you would like to learn how to successfully parent your child.