Downtown Pregnancy Center is dedicated to providing you with the best care, both in terms of treatment and patient experience. We respect your rights as a patient and want you to understand your responsibility as a partner in your care.
Downtown Pregnancy Center is committed to providing you with respectful care as we meet your needs. For this reason, we provide the following summary of your rights as a patient:
- You have a right to considerate and respectful care.
- You have the right to participate in the development of your plan of care.
- You will not be denied access to care due to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
- You have the right to information about your diagnosis, condition and treatment in terms that you can understand.
- You are entitled to be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.
- You have the right to make or have a representative of your choice make informed decisions about your care.
- You are entitled to be free from any forms of restraint or seclusion as a means of convenience, discipline, coercion or retaliation.
- You are entitled to information about rules and regulations affecting your care or conduct.
- You have the right to know the names and professional titles of Downtown Pregnancy Center’s Medical Director and Health Care Professionals.
- You have the right to personal privacy and to receive care in a safe environment.
- You have the right to a prompt and reasonable response to any request for services within the capacity of Downtown Pregnancy Center’s scope of services.
- You have the right to express concerns or grievances regarding your care to Downtown Pregnancy Center’s personnel.
- You have the right to your medical and personal records being confidential.
- You have the right to see your medical record within the limits of the law.
This is a summary of your responsibilities as a patient of the Downtown Pregnancy Center. It is your responsibility to provide accurate and complete information about all matters pertaining to your health, including medications and past or present medical problems.
- You are responsible for following the instructions and advice of Downtown Pregnancy Center’s Care Team.
- It is your responsibility to notify a member of Downtown Pregnancy Center Care Team if you do not understand information about your care and treatment.
- You are responsible for reporting changes in your condition or symptoms, including pain, to a member of Downtown Pregnancy Center Care Team.
- It is your responsibility to act in a considerate and cooperative manner and to respect the rights and property of others.
- You are responsible for following the rules and regulations of Downtown Pregnancy Center.
- You are expected to keep your scheduled appointments or to cancel them in advance if possible.
- The Downtown Pregnancy Center does not honor Advanced Directives; however, it is your responsibility to provide a copy of your Advanced Directive to Downtown Pregnancy Center for placement in your medical record. The Advanced Directive will be suspended while being cared for at Downtown Pregnancy Center. If there is a medical emergency 911 will be called and paramedics will transport you to the local hospital.
Questions or Concerns?
You and your family should feel you can always voice your concerns. If you share a concern or complaint, your care will not be affected in any way. The first step is to discuss your concerns with the Nurse Manager. If you have concerns that are not resolved, please contact the Executive Director at (214) 969-2433.
Should you continue to remain concerned after contacting the Executive Director, you may contact the Texas State Department of Public Health at (817) 573-8186.