An unplanned pregnancy can happen at a time in your life when you are not ready to parent. But, the reality is that being pregnant means you are already a parent. One of the most difficult jobs as a parent is to make decisions that are in the best interest of your child. One of those parenting choices may be to place your child, through adoption, into a two parent home that has planned for and is waiting for a child. Adoption is a loving, mature, and unselfish choice.
- The ability to pursue earlier goals and plans
- Not having to parent prematurely
- Freedom from the financial burdens of parenting
- Freedom to choose whether you want to have a long term relationship with the baby’s father
- Ability to resume your education or career
- Knowledge that your pregnancy ends with giving life
Most people have misinformation about how adoption works. Many times those facing an unplanned pregnancy are not aware of the control they have in the adoption process. Birth mothers can select the family of their child and exchange information as the child grows. Young women who work through full service adoption agencies have access to continued education and job training, counseling, private medical care and thorough legal services.
What is an open adoption?
- Open adoption offers the following options to birth parents and adoptive parents:
- Fully identifying information
- Continued contact ranging from letters to phone calls to visits
- Support from the agency in your on-going relationship
- Shared concern for the well being of all parties – especially the child
Local Adoption Agencies
Buckner Adoption and Maternity
4830 Samuell Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75228
24-hour hotline: 1-800-441-2670
Gladney Center for Adoption
6300 John Ryan Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76132-4122
Chosen Heritage Adoption
It is our pleasure to provide references to agencies that provide support for the birth mother. We believe women who choose to place their child into a loving home through adoption deserve support, encouragement and help in making this unselfish and courageous choice.