Know Your Legal Rights regarding Abortion. Protecting your health and your legal rights is your responsibility.
1. You have the right to insist your abortion is performed only by a licensed physician.
2. You have the right to know if this physician’s license has ever been suspended or revoked.
3. You have the right to know if this physician has a history of medical malpractice.
4. You have the right to verify that this physician has malpractice insurance in case you are injured during the procedure.
5. You have the right to insist that if you have complications during your abortion procedure that you will be immediately transferred by ambulance to the nearest emergency hospital or trauma center.
Do not give up your legal rights. At the abortion clinic you may be asked to sign a statement stating you will not hold the clinic or doctor liable if you are injured during the abortion procedure. No competent attorney would advise you to sign such a statement.
Specific Legal Information You Need to Know: